The Benedum Center for the Performing Arts is a Pittsburgh Cultural Trust theater situated in the heart of Pittburgh's cultural district. It has an impressive 2,800 seat capacity and offers some of the best Broadway shows in America.
Originally known as The Stanley Theater, the building was first constructed in 1927 and financed by tycoon James Bly Clark. The theater was later re-purchased and remodeled in 1976-1977 by Cinemette Corporation.
The building is registered with the National Register of Historic Place, due to the strict restoration standards.